Protect and respect are Senior Settlers’ core values. We understand that the health and future of our clients and communities, families and team members depend on each of us observing guidelines from the CDC, state, counties and senior communities we serve. The safety modifications below are a minimum: our team will also use common sense and good judgment when assessing and re-assessing the situation.
Precautions if a team member shows symptoms
- Team members take their temperature upon arrival on a job.
- Anyone with a fever above 99.5 must leave the site, be tested for Coronavirus, and self-isolate.
- If a team member has any symptoms of respiratory illness, they will not come to work until they no longer have those symptoms (regardless of the cause), and are free of a fever for at least 24 hours.
- If a team member has been exposed to a person who has Coronavirus, they may not return to work for 15 days from the last interaction.
Best practices on the job
- Wear masks and gloves and maintain appropriate distance.
- We ask that clients and prospective clients wear masks as well.
- Clean hands often with hand sanitizer that is at least 60-95% alcohol.
- Wash hands in soap and water on an hourly basis.
- Stagger lunch breaks so that only 1 person is eating at a time.
- Wipe down any areas that are commonly and frequently touched (light switches, door knobs, drawer pulls, etc) when leaving the client’s home.
- Confirm that any movers or other contractors working in the client’s home follow the above guidelines.
Any risky behaviour is a prospective threat to our clients and is a violation of our duty to put their wellbeing first.